Restore iOS 9.0.2 Without Losing Jailbreak Working Method !



Hey iCommunity !

I have recently started running into countless issues on my Jailbroken iPhone 6S. So I have decided to scour the net for a way to reset it without losing my precious Jailbreak !

I know there was a way long ago on iOS 8.x with Cydia Impactore and prior to that with Semi-Restore. But since those were now obsolete. There is, however a beta version of Cydia Impactor around, which didn't work for me, kept throwing some weird error.

I therefore decided to keep digging, until I stumbled upon a guide on some site, that I went ahead and tried it. Yes I did backup so there was nothing to lose. So without further delay find the guide after the break ;)


Thing To Do Before Restore.

- Turn off Find My Phone.
- Turn off Passcode.
- Log out From iCloud .
- Backup Device.
- Add this Repo http://apt-cydia.com
- Search for CydiaRestore and install it.

- Now Download PuTTY -> Here 
- Make sure your Device is connected to WiFi during Restore.
- Go to WiFi setting and see your IP.


Now open your PuTTY and enter the IP. and Click on open (See the ScreenShot)



The Terminal Window Will be open to Asking your root ID and Password. Enter default values as below. In case you changed password (Which you should have done if you wanna be secure), then enter that. 

- Username : root
- Password : alpine



After this just type the command "del" or "del-run" and hit Enter, the Restore Process will start, wait some time and your device successfully Restored (Reset) without losing Jailbreak.

For good measure, as soon as restore is complete, and you are done with initial setup process, go to Settings > General > Reset and hit the Reset All Settings button to truly clear everything. Don't worry you won't "Brick" your phone....

Conclusion.

Do this at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if and when something goes wrong. I have tested this method myself with success ! So, happy restoring ;)




10 comments:

Thanks a lot dude!!
I successfully restored my iPad Air on ios 9.0.2 cause it was having some lag issues.. Worked flawlessly!!

February 24, 2016 at 7:14 AM comment-delete

Good Work Bro (Y)

April 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM comment-delete

http://cydiarestore.blogspot.hr/

April 24, 2016 at 12:19 AM comment-delete

perfect :-)

May 5, 2016 at 9:37 AM comment-delete

and strange requests for password itunes store....

May 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM comment-delete

After i reset all Settings my iPhone stuck on Apple Reset Screen...

June 2, 2016 at 11:34 PM comment-delete

You cannot just use reset. Did I mention anything about reset? That's why I wrote this guide. Because a simple reset of a Jailbroken iPhone would kill it. You now have lost your Jailbreak... You will have to restore to 9.3.2

June 2, 2016 at 11:40 PM comment-delete

it seems you copied article from http://tricksfan.blogspot.in/2015/11/restore-full-reset-idevice-without.html

July 1, 2016 at 8:18 PM comment-delete

you say> For good measure, as soon as restore is complete, and you are done with initial setup process, go to Settings > General > Reset and hit the Reset All Settings button to truly clear everything. Don't worry you won't "Brick" your phone.... are you sure about this

July 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM comment-delete

Yes I am sure, that's what I did.

and @Alpesh

Yes I copied from that blog post. But it's ok, as it's the only known method that works.. Cannot add or remove anything to change it.

July 7, 2016 at 12:45 PM comment-delete

Post a Comment