Have I gone mad ? Or have I just matured ?



Hey fellow Techies !

Today I want to share with you something that I have been thinking of for quite a while. Now it might come as a serious shock to some, but it's about time I get it off my chest. It's kinda weird too. I never knew that it would come to this myself. Anyway, read on....



- First a bit of history. 

I know, I know, you don't like to read long-ass posts, so I will try to be brief. 

All of you out there who know me, know that I have been a smartphone user since day one. It all started with the infamous iPhone 2G in late 2007, early 2008. I fell in love with the idea of having one. So I did.

I stayed with iOS up until late 2010, early 2011. I always Jailbroke all my iPhones on every iOS version, simply because a stock iOS is a boring one. It was fun while it lasted.

Reason I switched to Android was quite simple really. I sent my iPhone 4 to get my WiFi antenna fixed, instead the guy broke the entire logic board. So, at that moment, I did not have any money to buy another iPhone, so I started looking for a cheap alternative. 

As I was almost going to give up, I found an HTC One X for extremely cheap, don't remember how much, but it was really cheap. So I went ahead n got it. That's where my journey with Android began.

I started browsing XDA-Forums, learning what I could about Android, and how far it could go. I was in awe of what I saw. I mean the amount of customization options were limitless. I also made some cool friends along the way, who also had the One X. So we started exchanging knowledge. 

Finally, as I started feeling more n more confident, I decided to flash my very first custom ROM. And boy was it fun too. 

----------------------------

- iCommunity Vs. Android Community.

There is one very important thing I noticed in the Android community. It's the fact that it is what the so called iCommunity was in its early days. Friendly, and open. Sadly the iCommunity has become the nightmare we were all dreading. Very few friendly developers remain. Now, it has become more about the money rather than anything else. 

I mean, Cydia repos are now littered with shitty tweaks that do nothing interesting, for money, as well as duplicates, like there are many tweaks that do the same thing pretty much. And repos also have so many ads it's become hard to browse them.

Anyway, enough about that. As far as the Android community goes, it has its own share of crappy developers, but it's the oposite of the iCommunity. It has more friendly devs than money loving ones. I have yet to meet any of the bad seeds myself.

----------------------------

- Now on to why I have outgrown it all.

I have been using Android since 2011 continously. Flashing ROMs, buying apps, making widgets etc. Also, I am a 33 year old, Out of work man. It's about time to stop with all this "Fun Stuff" and start living my life. I mean, I have to pay for shit, right ? And all this tinkering isn't making me any money, nor do I have the coding knowledge to build stuff to make some. 

Therefore, I have decided to do exactly that. As soon as possible too. Now, I dunno when that will happen, but am doing my best. I will be setting aside my Android Devices, or selling them, so I can afford an iPhone 5S. Or whatever iPhone is out by then. 

Why an iPhone ? Very simple. It's not an Open OS, it will never be. That way I won't be tempted to "Mess With It", wasting time. Oh yeah, I won't be Jailbreaking it either. Better leave temptation at bay.

----------------------------

- Conclusion.

I am done. Time is passing by so fast, and am currently wasting it on Flashing ROMs. I no longer have the attention span I used to. Am slowly rotting away, becoming a Zombie of sorts. Like, now, my phone is always in my hand, flashing ROMs, or installing apps to test etc... It never leaves my hand. 

As a side note, I am not blaming it on the phone, per say, am just saying the fact that I can do so many things with it, it's distracting. Am always trying new things, whereas with an iPhone there is nothing much that can be done with it not being Jailbroken. So less time spent messing with it, and more time spent on more constructive things, like life.

That said, it's my way of saying, it's time to start living. So I hope that this clears things up a bit. Once I sell my devices n get an iPhone my active life begins and my Zombie one ends.

Shocking isn't it ? You haven't seen that one coming have you ? Well neither have I.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think in the comments below.

Cheers ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment